This website is a personal blog written and edited by Helen Edwards. For questions about this blog, please contact Helen here.
The owner of this blog may occasionally be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, we will always give onest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Online Diabetes Counselling Services Disclaimer
Online diabetes counselling is NOT suitable for anyone dealing with a mental or physical health crisis or emergency.
If you have an immediate issue please contact your local hospital emergency centre, your local doctor or usual health care provider.
If you are dealing with a mental health crisis please contact one of the following:
If you need an Ambulance - call 000
Please note this site does not give personal medical adviceor make changes to your diabetes management. Information provided should not be used for diagnosing or treating diabetes. Nor should information found here take the place of the advice of your doctor or medical team. Always see your diabetes specialist if you have concerns about your diabetes care.
Links to information about the medical aspects of diabetes can be found here, but Diabetes Can't Stop Me, Helen Edwards and anyone associated with this website, takes no responsibility for any information obtained via any link. We take no responsibility for any advice provided by another member of the public in discussions held in forums and social media groups. It is up to you to make your own decisions about such information provided in these places.
We may display links, logos and information about partner organisations; sponsors and supporters.
We will never promote one particular product over another, but rather provide information about all options for management of diabetes and wellbeing - with it being up to the consumer as to their choices. The fact that one company may sponsor us does not necessarily suggest their products to be superior.
"Friendly" links, or partner organisations are provided for the use of consumers in seeking other resources and avenues of support. These are not advertisements.
Diabetes Can't Stop Me, Helen Edwards and its representatives take no responsibility for any advice or posts given on the discussion forums, chat rooms, or other social media pages, by the public and by our members, either in regards to diabetes management, or any other issue or concern.
- We will not tolerate any defamatory postings which identify diabetes health care professionals or any other individual and we will delete any such posts.
- Contact between people via the Facebook Groups or blog is your own responsibility and we take no responsibility for the communication between people, or actions of others in these areas of the website or social media.
- Diabetes Can't Stop Me, Helen Edwards, and any representatives take no responsibility whatsoever for any information found on other websites accessed via the links and resources page.
- Remember that individual medical advice is not provided in online diabetes counselling, it is of a general nature and related to your mental health and general diabetes education matters - you should always consult your doctor in the first instance in the case of medical problems or queries.
- We will never make changes to the medical management of your diabetes. We can provide general information about diabetes and its management only.
- We take no responsibility for any medical advice sought or given by any other member or source located via any area of this website.
- Please protect your own privacy and safety. We suggest that sensitive information is not shared or stored on any public computer, especially where other people have access to this.
Blog, Social Media and Stories Pages
Please remember that any information you directly post at the Blog and our Facebook Groups are publicly accessible, so please consider your own wishes around disclosure carefully before posting any identifying or personal details.
Information you share is at your own discretion and will often occur without our involvement at the time.